Friday, January 18, 2019

Matthew 12

"I tell you that something greater than the temple is here...for the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." v. 6, 8

"How much more valuable is a person than a sheep!  Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath." v. 12

But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus. v. 14

Then they brought him a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute, and Jesus healed him, so that he could both talk and see.  v. 22

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters." v. 30

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. v. 33

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." v. 41

Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."  He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?"  Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.  For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother." v. 47-50

No comments:

Post a Comment