Friday, January 11, 2019

Matthew 11

"Are you the one who was to come, or should we expect someone else?" v. 3b

"The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor." v. 5

"Then what did you go out to see?  A prophet?  Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet." v. 9

"For John came neither eating nor drinking and they say 'he has a demon.'  The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they say 'here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.'  But wisdom is proved right by her deeds." v. 18-19

"All things have been committed to me by my Father.  No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." v. 27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment