Friday, March 16, 2012

Romans 16 - Final Greetings

At first glance there doesn't seem to be a whole lot happening in this chapter as Paul/Tertius (v. 22) provide their concluding thoughts and personal greetings.  It's not a chapter that theologians will break down and debate, and yet there are a couple quick points worth making.

First, I want to be like Apelles (v. 10), tested and approved in Christ.  My prayer for myself and others is that we could be like that guy.

Secondly, as look through the list, I think it's a beautiful picture of what Paul wrote about in the beginning of Romans 12, about how we are one body, and each member belongs to the others.  Paul clearly values people, and that is absolutely one of the marks of great leadership.  He also values unity in the body, writing in v. 17 that the Romans are to "watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way".

God has done so much in me through this study of Romans over the past 17-18 weeks (I know I skipped at least one or two weekly posts).  I am continuing to be transformed as He renews my mind and fills it with His Word.  Can't wait to dive into 1 Corinthians next week.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment