Friday, March 9, 2012

Romans 15 - One Heartbeat

"Each of us should please his neighbor for his good to build him up" (v. 2)  I can only really do that if I believe that God is working on my behalf and looking out for me way better than I could do for myself.

We know that He gives "endurance and encouragement" (v. 5), and wants us to have a "spirit of unity....so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (v. 6)

We are to accept one another (v. 7) and "overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (v. 13)

Paul spends the last half of chapter 15 beginning his wrap-up for the letter.  He restates some of his purpose in writing (v. 15-16), his dependence on Christ (v. 18-19), and finishes the chapter with his plans to visit the believers in Rome.

One last chapter to cover next week, then on to 1 Corinthians!

No comments:

Post a Comment