Friday, July 24, 2015

Psalm 38

v. 15  Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God.

I do wait.  I wait for you to show yourself and fix the brokenness I see all around me.  I see broken people doing broken people things.  I see myself, broken and laid low.  The world is a mess in so many ways.  But I know you are on the throne and we can trust.  Help me to wait patiently, to believe you are at work, and to do whatever You want me to do along the way.  I want to be part of Your solution rather than being part of the problems.  I wait for you, Lord.

v. 18 I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin.

Lord God, I am a sinner.  Have mercy on me.  I am so badly in need of you.  Help me to find the right way to be troubled by my sin, while also being grateful for your mercy, grace and forgiveness.  Help me to rejoice in the midst of my troubling sin.  What should that look like?  Thank you for being our God.  I love you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment