Friday, September 19, 2014

Revelation 20 - The Beginning of the End

In this chapter we have an angel seizing and binding Satan for a thousand years, locking him up for that time so that Satan will be unable to get at people and deceive them.  I don't really get why after the 1000 years he has to be set free (v. 3), but I guess maybe that will make sense to me someday.

It's pretty cool how the martyrs are honored and given a special place to reign alongside Christ.  (v. 4-6)

Then we get to Satan being released from his cell, going out and deceiving the nations.  This is a tough one to understand.  Why is Satan turned loose?  Why not put him in the lake of burning sulfur (v. 10) and just be done with him?

One thing that always impresses me in Revelation are the descriptions of our God.  Verse 11 is just awesome.  I love reading how powerful and majestic our God is.  I can't get enough of it.  As I read passages like Revelation 20, there's so much I wish I could understand, but then I see how awe-inspiring God is, and I'm reminded that I need to trust Him, not my own understanding.  His love is perfect and His plan is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment