Friday, May 30, 2014

Revelation 8 - Scary Stuff

So far in Revelation, while I certainly don't understand everything that's going on, I've felt like I could get the basic idea.  In chapter 8, quite honestly, it just gets weird.  I can read the words, but the implications of what I'm reading are far beyond me.  Obviously when we are reading about angels sounding trumpets that cause a third of the earth, sea, rivers/springs, and sun/moon/stars to be struck down or burned up, this is a fearful experience.  Our God is up to something serious and is not to be trifled with.

The chapter's ending in verse 13 is ominous to say the least, with the eagle warning about the next three trumpet blasts.  I thought the first four trumpet blasts were pretty devastating, and can't imagine what's coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment