Friday, January 4, 2013

Ephesians 6 - Armor of God

After finishing up his discussion of family life in verses 1-4 (with some important advice for dads in verse 4), and offering some words to employees and bosses (I've heard people talk about the master/slave language Paul uses, and how the world of slavery was different in that culture, but it still makes me squirm a little), Paul   paints an incredible picture of the spiritual battle that is going on all around us.

I've told many people that I'm no expert on spiritual warfare, but that I can read Ephesians 6 and understand that there's a whole lot happening that I can't begin to imagine.  And I can read how Paul encourages us to engage in that battle with weapons and armor made of truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation and God's Word.  After all, our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms (v. 12).


No comments:

Post a Comment