Friday, October 28, 2011

Acts 27 -- Keep Up Your Courage

If you read the chapter, (click here to check it out) you get the story.  Paul's on his way to Rome with his co-laborers, some soldiers, and other prisoners.  They run into some troubles and adventures along the way, and the part that jumped out at me is Paul's admonition to the others on the boat to "keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me" (verse 25). 

The lesson here is something I can apply across all areas of my life.  I may never have an angel visit me in the night, but God has made me plenty of promises.  I need not worry or be anxious about anything.  He will never leave me or forsake me.  He is with me always, to the very end of the age.  If I believe in him I will not perish but have eternal life.  All these and more make it possible to keep up my courage when the storms of life come my way.  There is nothing that can separate me from his love.  Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment