Friday, August 26, 2011

Acts 18 - Continued Travels and New Friends

"Do not be afraid; keep on speaking and do not be silent.  For I am with you and no one is going to attack and harm you." (verses 9-10)
That must have been a pretty cool message for Paul to receive, particularly with all he's gone through to this point.  Staying in Corinth for 18 months is hardly the picture I usually have when I think of Paul's many travels.  While 1 1/2 years isn't a lifetime, it hardly matches the wandering, always on the move man I think of when I read about Paul's life.  He was willing to settle in and put down some roots when he knew that was the calling. 

The courtroom scene in verses 12-17 is better than anything I've ever seen on TV.  Crazy stuff.

Then in verses 18-27 we learn a little bit about Priscilla, Aquila and Apollos.  While we don't get to see them really at all after chapter 18, we learn from Paul's letters (mostly 1 Corinthians) that these were significant partners with him in the sharing of the Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment