Friday, May 13, 2011

Acts 3 - A Brewing Storm

Acts chapter 3 gets right to the point, short and sweet.  Peter, with John in tow, continues to amaze as he heals a man who was "crippled from birth".  This act of love gets them all kinds of attention and provides Peter another opportunity to deliver a killer speech, as he proceeds to explain how their faith in the name of Jesus is responsible for the healing.

I especially like verse 19, "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord".  That sounds like a good deal to me - I like having my sins wiped out while enjoying times of refreshing.  Sign me up for that.

I wonder if Peter knew what would go down when he made the decision to heal that beggar.  We'll pick up the story in chapter 4 next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment